Video: Tommy Gun’s Rock Band 2 and 3 Manual Calibration Guide (papercraft)

September 19th, 2008 by Tommy Gun

Rock BandI spent a bunch of time messing around with the RB2 manual calibration settings (I don’t have the new Strat), and decided to make a short video explaining them clearly and simply (I hope). I used this method to calibrate my system, and it works really well. So if you’re confused about exactly what the settings do, and which way you need to move them in order to sync up the game, this should explain all of that. I use the drums as an example, but obviously this also works with the guitar.

Let me know if I made any mistakes, and I can add some annotations to the video.

** Download the high-res divx version on the downloads page **

Edit: I originally made this video for RB2, but it also works for Rock Band 3, The Beatles: Rock Band, and Green Day: Rock Band!

Edit 2: a French tutorial has been posted by St├ęphane

6 Responses to “Video: Tommy Gun’s Rock Band 2 and 3 Manual Calibration Guide (papercraft)”

1. jwhe says:

hi am jwhe from canada

2. Dallas says:

Really really good, it worked pretty good for me, but before i finished, i realized i could just do the strat guitar calibration’ and that fixed it basically. :) thanks

3. Rock'in says:

This is the most comprehensive tutorial on calibrating RB2. Thank you. I had no idea of the concept of the “hit box” and can now see how I can actually get the calibration settings correct, as other people who come over and play always say the notes are ‘off’ for them. Thanks again, great post.

4. Tiffany says:

Amazing! This tutorial worked perfectly and saved my boyfriend’s sanity <3 Thank you!

5. Greedo says:

Thank you so much!

Just got a new sound system but was having to listen in crap quality so the default settings worked. Tried this and I am finally getting my money’s worth.

Even my girlfriend who hates my tinkering with stuff like this was happy for me to do it!

6. Wouter says:

Thanks! Benefitted greatly from this video!